This is an online course designed to introduce the basic concepts of Photoshop and to introduce some of the editing tools which Photoshop offers. It is aimed at beginner and novice users although more experienced user may also find it useful. Sessions will last about an hour and they’ll be on a weekly basis. The course is completely free.
- A Windows or Mac computer with Lightroom and Photoshop. (Please note Photoshop Elements will NOT be covered!)
- An Internet connection.
- To get the best experience from the online meeting software, it would also be useful to have a microphone and a webcam.
The precise content of each session may change in the light of experience!
- Using GotoMeeting. This is the software we will use to meet online.
- The Photoshop workspace
- Opening image files
- Viewing the screen – zooming in and out
- An introduction to some basic tools
- Using Lightroom to prepare images for Photoshop
- Importing images into Lightroom
- Editing images
- Exporting images to Photoshop
- Some more basic tools.
- Using Camera RAW
- Resizing Images
- Aspect Ratio
- Saving Images
- An introduction to Layers and Masks
- What is a layer?
- Why use layers? What can you do with them?
- Masking Tools – Marquee, Lasso, Magic Wand
- Colour Range
- Using masks and layers
- Using Layer Masks
Sign up for the Course
Please complete the form below to sign up for the course. Once I receive your application, I’ll contact you regarding times and dates and anything else I haven’t thought of here!